PHASE I: PRELIMS - ONLINE SOLUTION SUBMISSION
- This is an online solution submission round.
- Students can form teams of 2 to 5 student members from the same or different institutions and Working professionals can form teams of 2 to 5 working professionals from the same or different organisations to participate in this edition.
- The challenges will be open pan-India and the participating teams can fill the solution submission form, after registration.
- Pan-India challenge dates:
Challenge open date: 20th January, 2021
Challenge close date: 24th February, 2021
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR PRELIMS:
A panel of judges (consisting of members from Group Innovation Office, experts from companies, and others) will evaluate each submission using a combination of judging criteria:
- Rich technical content - It is expected that the teams will submit a theoretical solution to the challenge. The evaluation, in the prelims, will be solely done by reviewing the content of the description. Please ensure the description is very well articulated. Please include as many technical details as possible.
- Simplicity of the solution - It must be uncomplicated, not require any major changes to the business operations, and be logistically feasible.
- Ease of Implementation - Should not take too much time or effort to implement it.
- Cost Effectiveness - Not overwhelmingly expensive.
- Innovation - how creative and innovative the solution is, will also determine the final selection.
PHASE II: EVALUATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT
Based on the quality of entries, as per the judging criteria, top teams from each challenge will receive email communication after evaluation of all submissions.
- Announcement of Shortlisted Teams: By May 2021
- Final Events: June 2021
PHASE III: PREPARATION PERIOD FOR PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT OR PROOF OF CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT (TBD)
- Shortlisted teams can work on their prototypes and solutions during this period.
- Teams will be waitlisted in case the top teams fail to work on the prototype/solution during the interim period before the actual events.
PHASE IV: ZONAL FINALS (JUNE 2021)
- There will be four online Zonal Finals.
- All shortlisted teams are required to be ready with their prototypes and/or solutions on the day of the event. A prototype, whether digital or physical, can be used to demonstrate your solution.
- Each prototype/solution will be reviewed by the jury
- After evaluating the prototypes/solutions, judges will shortlist the top teams for the pitch session.
- Top teams get a chance to pitch their prototype/solution to the judges.
- The winning solution(s)/prototype(s) will be announced at the end of each zonal final.
- There will be two winning teams from each zone, one campus team and one corporate team.
- The most innovative prototype/solution from the campus teams and corporate teams, each winning team will be awarded cash prize up to Rs. 70,000*.
- The judges will evaluate based on simplicity/feasibility, cost of the solution, innovation, and other criteria mentioned in Phase I.
PHASE V: NATIONAL FINALS (JUNE 2021)
- The winning team from each of the four zones will compete in the National Final
- There will be 1 winning team at the National Final which could be either a campus team or corporate team.
- The National Winning team will be awarded cash prize of up to Rs.1.5 lakhs*.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organizers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organizers making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at source.
To view the Schedule, click here.
Note: Please refer to the following sections to know more -