PHASE I: PRELIMS - ONLINE SOLUTION SUBMISSION (7th September 2018)
- This is an online solution submission round.
- Working professionals can form teams of 2 to 5 members from the same or different organizations to participate in the Corporate Hackathon.
- The challenges will be open pan-India and the participating teams can fill the solution submission form, after registration.
- Pan-India challenge dates:
Challenge open date: 1 August 2018
Challenge close date: 7th September 2018
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR PRELIMS:
A panel of judges (consisting of members from Group Technology and Innovation Office, experts from companies, and others) will evaluate each submission using a combination of judging criteria:
- Rich technical content - It is expected that the teams will submit a theoretical solution to the challenge. The evaluation, in the prelims, will be solely done by reviewing the content of the description. Please ensure the description is very well articulated. Please include as many technical details as possible.
- Simplicity of the solution - It must be uncomplicated, not require any major changes to the business operations, and be logistically feasible.
- Ease of Implementation - Should not take too much time or effort to implement it.
- Cost Effectiveness - Not overwhelmingly expensive.
- Innovation - how creative and innovative the solution is, will also determine the final selection.
PHASE II: EVALUATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT (September)
- Based on the quality of entries, as per the judging criteria, top teams from each challenge will be announced after evaluation of all submissions.
- Announcement of Shortlisted Teams: 19th September 2018
- Final Events: Bengaluru - October 6, 2018 / Mumbai - October 13, 2018
PHASE III: PREPARATION PERIOD FOR PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT OR PROOF OF CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT (September 2018)
- Top teams can work on their prototypes and solutions during this period.
- Teams will be waitlisted in case the top teams fail to work on the prototype/solution during the interim period before the actual events.
PHASE IV: NATIONAL FINALS (October 2018)
- All shortlisted teams are required to be ready with their prototypes and/or solutions on the day of the event. A prototype, whether digital or physical, can be used to demonstrate your solution.
- Each prototype/solution will be reviewed by the jury.
- After evaluating the prototypes/solutions, judges will shortlist the top teams for the pitch session.
- Top teams get a chance to pitch their prototype/solution to the judges.
- The winning solution(s)/prototype(s) will be announced at the end of the event.
The prototype/solution that fulfils all the requirements of the challenge, will stand a chance to bag the winning prize money of up to Rs. 70,000* for winning team and Rs. 30,000* for runner-up team. The judges will evaluate based on simplicity/feasibility, cost of the solution, innovation, and other criteria mentioned in phase I.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organizers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organizers making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at source.
To view the zonal finals’ schedule, click here.
Note: Please refer to the following sections to know more -