PHASE I: PRELIMS – ONLINE SOLUTION SUBMISSION
- This is an online solution submission round.
- Students can form teams of 2 to 5 members from the same institute or different institutes to participate in the Hackathon
- The challenge will be open pan-India and the participating teams can fill the solution submission form, after registration.
- Pan-India challenge dates:
Challenge open date: 31st January 2018
Challenge close date for South Zone: 22nd February 2018
Challenge Close Date for West, East, North zones: 8th March 2018
Additionally, teams can use this time period to develop their prototype, to be ready for participation in the zonal finals.
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR PRELIMS:
A panel of judges (consisting of members from Group Technology and Innovation Office, experts from companies, and others) will evaluate each submission using a combination of judging criteria:
- Rich technical content - It is expected that the teams will submit a theoretical solution to the challenge. The evaluation, in the prelims, will be solely done by reviewing the content of the description. Please ensure the description is very well articulated. Please include as many technical details as possible.
- Simplicity of the solution - It must be uncomplicated, not require any major changes to the business operations, and be logistically feasible.
- Ease of Implementation - Should not take too much time or effort to implement it.
- Cost Effectiveness - Not overwhelmingly expensive.
- Innovation - how creative and innovative the solution is, will also determine the final selection.
- Based on the quality of entries, teams will be invited to the zonal campus final in their respective cities
PHASE II: ZONAL FINALS – PROTOTYPE DEMONSTRATION:
- All teams are required to be ready with their prototypes on the day of the event. A prototype, whether digital or physical, will be compulsory for participation.
- These prototypes will be on display during the event and reviewed by the jury
- After evaluating the prototypes, judges will shortlist the top teams
- Top teams get a chance to pitch their prototype to the judges
- The winning prototype(s) will be announced at the end of the event
The prototype that fulfils all the requirements of the challenge, will stand a chance to bag the winning prize money of up to Rs. 50,000*. The judges will evaluate based on simplicity/feasibility, cost of the solution, innovation and other criteria mentioned in phase I.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organizers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organizers making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at source.
To view the zonal finals’ schedule, click here.
Note: Please refer to the following sections to know more -